The following is the dressing room policy approved by the Ayr Rockets Girls Hockey Association Board of Directors for all ARGHA teams regardless of age or OWHA Category.
This policy has been adopted to make the arena a safe, secure and comfortable place for all the girls participating in the Association.
1. Dressing rooms will be off-limits to all males, including, but not limited to, fathers, brothers, grandfathers, while any players are changing into or out of hockey equipment before or after a game. In application this means that any equipment adjustment required to be done by a male, such as, but not limited to, skate tying, will be done outside the dressing room.
2. A minimum of one adult female must be present in the dressing room at all times during which players are in the room. Preferably this individual will be the registered team trainer, however, in her absence she may designate another suitable adult female as dressing room monitor. This individual should remain in the dressing room until the trainer returns or another designate is appointed.
3. Male coaches will be admitted to the dressing room 10 minutes prior to official game or practice times to conduct pre- event talks and for up to 10 minutes after the game or practice is completed and players have left the ice, to conduct post-event discussions. During these two periods, a minimum of one adult female should be present in the dressing room as per the above.
4. In the event that a player arrives in the dressing room during the 10-minute pre-game period she is not to commence dressing until all male coaches have left the room for the start of the game or practice.
5. In the event that a player is still in the process of dressing when the 10-minute period is to commence, that player will be requested by the trainer or her designate to stop changing, to don suitable covering clothing and not continue to change until all male coaches have left the room for the start of the game or practice.
6. The only exception to the above will be in the event of a medical emergency as determined by and at the sole discretion of a qualified trainer or medical practitioner.
7. The use of cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDA’s) or other image-taking devices is prohibited in all dressing rooms except when being used to deal with a medical emergency as determined by and at the sole discretion of a qualified trainer or medical practitioner.
8. Team Trainers are responsible for enforcement of the Dressing Room Policy.
9. Individuals violating the Dressing Room Policy will be subject to a Disciplinary Hearing. The Discplinary Committee may, at its discretion:
a) Ban the violator from the players’ area of all arenas; and/or
b) Assess additional penalties up to and including permanent suspension from the Association.