Social Media Policy
This policy encompasses public communications through internet mediums and websites including but not limited to: Email, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare and any other social media network that allows users to communicate online. The policy will be applicable to all individuals of the ARGHA.
- Comments or remarks of an inappropriate nature which are detrimental to an individual, team and/or the ARGHA will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- The following are examples of conduct through social media and networking mediums that are considered violations of the ARGHA Social Media and Networking Policy and may be subject to disciplinary action by the Ayr Rockets Girls Hockey Association or OWHA:
- Any statement deemed to be publicly critical of ARGHA officials or detrimental to the welfare of a member, Team, the ARGHA or an individual.
- Divulging confidential information that may include, but is not limited to the following: player injuries, game strategy or any matter of a sensitive nature to a member Team, ARGHA or any individual.
- Negative or derogatory comments about any member of the Team, ARGHA, League and/or OWHA staff, programs, stakeholders, players or any member of an opposing team.
- Any form of bullying, harassment or threats against players, ARGHA directors/staff/volunteers or officials.
- Photographs, video or comments promoting negative influences or criminal behavior.
- Online activity that contradicts the current policies of the ARGHA or its affiliated organizations.
- Inappropriate, derogatory, racist, or sexist comments of any kind.
- Online activity that is meant to alarm other individuals or to misrepresent fact or truth.